Friday, December 04, 2009

Update

It has been a wild ride this week on our medical roller coaster.

As I type, I am in the waiting room of the surgical center where, in about an hour, they will insert a device called a portacath into my chest. This is a semi-permanent catheter that resides under the skin and allows for easier administration of the chemotherapy drugs.

On another note, I have been offered a spot in a clinical trial of a new, powerful drug for Her2 positive metastatic breast cancer. This is huge for me and exactly what my hope had been in choosing UCLA for my treatment.

It looks like they are ready for me, so I will post more on this later!

13 comments:

Annie Bizzi said...

Clearly God is making the path to your heart even easier...

Keep up the strength--my thoughts are with you!

Unknown said...

Lots of prayers, hugs and love.

Mary Herbert

Eileen said...

Suzanne,

You and your family are in our prayers. May you continue to be strengthened along your journey.

With prayers and love,
Eileen

Emily Aoun said...

I truly am amazed at your strength and positive attitude!! Our prayers and thoughts are still with you!

Love ya!

-Em

nicole said...

Prayers for you as you continue on this road. Yea for blessings, even those we would rather not ever need.

jen said...

We are all thinking of you Suz!

Kerry said...

thank you for keeping your loyal readers updated!
praying for you!

Melita said...

Being one of 7 children, I can look at you with genuine knowledge and appreciation for your role as a mother to your brood. And then here you are, holding yourself up by that thick tightly woven rope of faith, on top of it all. You are strong! You are giving and recieving! Now my father has us all praying for you (and that's a lot of extra prayers!). - Melita

Bianca said...

I LOVE that you are open to every possibility...chemo, trial study, God's grace, you a vessel and God is using you to grace all of us with your story. May you continue to shine God's light to everyone who meets you!

We love you and are praying for you and the family!

antonia said...

hope it went well

God bless

Anonymous said...

We are all praying and thankful for the blessings so far. Your strength in the face of all the changes is an inspiration during this Advent season.
Love Heidi

JB said...

Thinking of you Suzanne and grateful for every update. Love and prayers,
Julie

Allaire said...

Always more prayers, light, healing and love, Allaire :) & Chloe too!