Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Quote of the Day

Well, I did end up having a few side effects to the treatment, but nothing too horrible. On the drive home I felt like I had come down with the flu...chills (I could not get the car warm enough to Jennifer's dismay), aches and some nausea. By the time I got home I was feeling pretty poorly and went straight to bed. But it really did seem like a standard flu and nothing worse.

This morning when I woke up I felt as if I had been in a minor traffic collision. Everything hurt, even my cheekbones. But when I got up and started moving around I began to feel pretty normal. Aside from being generally quite tired and a little run down, I feel actually quite well. I am pleasantly surprised.

I even felt well enough to give Sam some lessons this morning (he, by the way, is going back to school in January, but I am closing things out to the best of my ability before then). It was during a poetry lesson that he left me in stitches.

Me: We are going to practice using some metaphors and similies. I am going to give you a phrase and you complete it. Ready? 'The girl was as mad as...'

(I am thinking to myself that the word hornet would complete this phrase well.)

Sam: (after a moment's thought) Eight monkeys with seven bananas.

What a joy it has been to spend these months homeschooling this clever, funny, smart boy. I am going to miss him.

12 comments:

Dawn said...

What a quick wit.

Anonymous said...

Suz, Can I ask why you chose to homeschool Sam? Were you planning on homeschooling all of the kids at some point? I'm just curious for my own educational investigation:)

P.S. -- prayers are abound up north here. We think of you and pray for you daily! Keep up the fight!

Renee B.

Tina said...

It is nice to hear that you are feeling generally well. I have to admit that I really did a good belly laugh at Sam's way of thinking. I could hear his voice and see his cute grin in my head as I read the words. All of your children are very special and loving and most of all unique in their own special way. Tell, Josephus, Linds, Super Sam, Scooter, TD, Izzy and Nat that the Pults send their love.

nicole said...

So clever! No way would I have thought of something like that off the top of my head.

Sarah said...

Dear Suzanne,
So glad your are feeling somewhat normal. I totally have the same child as you. I almost pulled out all my hair last night trying to get Emily to do her homework! UGG! Does it have to be that painful sometimes?
Thinking and praying for you everyday! Love Always,
Sarah McCormick

Anonymous said...

It wasn't really that bad, I think I lost 5 pounds of water weight amd how can that be a bad thing!!!
XOXO,
Jen

jen said...

Thanks for the updates Girlfriend!! Keep them coming Suz-LOVE YOU!!!!

Jen (Johnson)

Anonymous said...

So, every time you feel those chills or your eyes close from exhaustion....keep believing and knowing that is those pesky little chemicals attacking that nasty cancer! Thoughts and love, Tracey

Leissa said...

Hi Suz,

We are praying for you and cheering you and the whole Team Silvestri on. Go beat this! Love, The Sharpes

Sarah said...

Dear Suzanne,
Here is a website to check out. www.cleaningforareason.org
they will clean your home while you are in treatment 1 time per month for four months. All you need is a Dr note. Hope this helps. Hope you are feeling good. May God Bless you today and everyday! I love you,
Sarah McCormick

Anonymous said...

I am keeping you in my prayers. Please remember to call me if you need anything, I am right down the street and no work for 3 weeks. Your strength and sense of humor through all of this is absolutley amazing. Diana and Charlotte

Suzanne Di Silvestri said...

Renee,

I homeschooled Sam really just because he asked me to. I loved how I got to know Joey so well when he was home, so when Sam, who is my most independent middle child asked, I jumped at the chance to get to know him better.

And I have not regretted it at all!

Call me if you want to know more...I'm happy to discuss!