Monday, December 14, 2009

Treatment Day

I didn't sleep too well last night. As it turns out, it is a lot easier to think cheerfully of chemotherapy in the abstract than it is to actually face it.

But don't get me wrong: I am not terrified or morose. I am just a bit apprehensive. I don't know what level of side effects to expect and this scares me a bit...fear of the unknown and all. Plus, there is the lurking concern that this treatment won't work. But I won't know that for nine weeks, so no sense in worrying about that now.

So, let's focus on the positive: today the cancer that has been happily growing in my body is going to have a very bad day. And I don't expect tomorrow or the next day will be much better for it. So, HA!

Let the games begin.

6 comments:

Tina said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you today. Love you lots! Tina

Annie Bizzi said...

Picture all of your dearest friends sitting around you during treatment--we are all with you in prayers and in spirit--feel that energy and love and let it carry you through the most challenging moments.

Unknown said...

Dear Suzanne,
Kick some cancer butt!!!
Thoughts are always with you. Love you,
Sarah McCormick

Jennifer Slezak said...

Hey Suzanne-
I have been reading... so glad that you can be part of the study. I am amazed at the advancements in technology. Did you happen to catch 60 minutes last night? They are using cells to regrow damaged/ lost body parts due to cancer or other factors such as war. Really amazing!
I have been thinking about you a lot and hoping for the best and checking your blog to be a part of your world- at least as much as I can be!
Love, Jen (Prosi)

Anonymous said...

Suzanne- You don't know me, but I am a friend of Bianca and a cancer survivor. Went through 5 months of chemotherapy for Hodgkins lymphoma, stage III. I always brought my favorite music to listen to during my infusions. Strength for the Journey was my standard first song. May you have peace and strength to picture your cancer being destroyed as the medicine courses through your body and targets the cancer cells while leaving your healthy cells alone. Feel the love and healing grace of our Lord come over you, carrying you through this challenge. May God Bless you and keep you strong- your cancer will never know what hit it!!!!!
Your sister in Christ, Michelle

Bianca said...

Never having had the "pleasure" of chemo I don't know what advice to give you. But I would imagine like a mini exorcism of some sort and then knowing how many people are praying for me and over me shielding me from "this evil". Your wit, faith, and loving support from so many people will help you through this time.

You are so loved and prayed for each and every day!

May God continue to shine his light through you.
We love you!
Bianca :-)