Friday, November 20, 2009

It's Time for a Miracle

Family and friends,

It is with a heavy heart that I tell you that this cancer has spread to my bones and, apparently, to my liver as well. I am in complete shock, as I don't feel sick. How could I get this sick and not know it?

I know many of you will have questions about treatment going forward, prognosis, etc. I cannot answer those questions right now. I don't know what this means in terms of my treatment or lifespan. I will know more after I meet with my oncologist Monday. Right now, all I know is that I am in need of a miracle which do, as we all know, occasionally happen.

And please know this: my faith is unwavering. I trust in God completely and am not afraid, except for how it will affect my children and all of you. Please be strong for me.

For those of you Catholics out there, I want you to know that I am praying to Don Alvaro, former prelate of Opus Dei, who is under consideration for beatification. He needs credit for interceding in a miracle to become a saint, and I need a miracle, so perhaps the two of us can hook up. If you are so inclined, please check out this link to his prayer card and join me in making so much noise in heaven that God heals me just to shut us all up, if nothing else.

In the meantime, I am planning to enjoy my weekend and watch my kid win his second Superbowl. Go Rebels!

I love and appreciate you all.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Suzanne,
All of the staff and students Sacred Heart School are praying for you and for your miracle. Your incredible faith is an example to us all.
May God continue to bless you and your family,
Janessa Vogenthaler

Bianca said...

Your faith is inspiring! Thank you for your honesty and openness with your diagnosis. We are all praying for you and I know God can work miracles especially at the request of the blessed Mother.

You and your family are in our continued prayers. We love you and your family sooooo much! :-)

Unknown said...

I am thankful to have you as a friend. Your amazing faith helps to encourage and strengthen my own faith. My favorite verse is Philippians 4:4-7 "Dismiss all anxiety from your minds. Present your needs to God in every form of prayer and in petitions full of gratitude. Then God's own peace, which is beyond all understanding, will stand guard over your hearts and minds, in Christ Jesus. I like the image of him standing guard over you. You are all in our prayers. Lots of love Mary Herbert

Amy E Ekblad said...

I just wanted you to know that our family is praying for yours. You don't know me but a friend of mine told me about your situation. God bless you.

antonia said...

Oh dearest Suzanne. Thank you for sharing your news with us. Never forget that God is closer to us than we are to ourselves. He is with you every second and is looking after you. May our Lady hold you close to her maternal heart.
With my love and prayers
XXXXXXXXXXX

Anonymous said...

Suzanne,
You are in our thoughts and prayers. You are a wonderful and amazing woman. You talk the talk and walk the walk, as far as your faith goes. It has been an inspiration to me. I will be praying for that miracle.

Agnieszka said...

Dear Suzanne,

I am so terribly sorry to hear those news : I will of course be praying to Don Alvaro and waiting for a miracle with you !

God bless you,

Agnès

KatieGirl said...

In addition to all the prayers we are saying for you and your family, we will light a candle every day for you. I ask everyone I can to pray for you too. I have always admired your amazing faith,it strengthens my own. All our love

Michelle said...

I'm moving you to my top priority prayer list and will check out the link you posted for the guy being considered for beatification (I'm not on my computer so I can't see your post as I type this).

You have a tough road. I can only offer you my prayers and spiritual support from a distance. But I WILL be here.

The Purnells said...

We are so sorry to hear this. We will keep you in our thoughts and prayers.

nicole said...

I'm so sorry to hear this. I will continue to pray for you and your family.

Who? What? When? said...

Suzanne, I'm so sorry to hear your news but, like you, I believe in miracles. I have printed out the prayer to Bishop Alvaro and will be praying and sharing this prayer with others. I want to make sure I'm doing it correctly so I can fill out the affidavit that I know the Vatican will be sending us to verify your miracle! Beth B-G