Friday, June 23, 2006

So Long, Farewell

I will be silent for a few days, as we are taking a road trip! Again!

This time we are taking 3 days and driving to San Antonio, Texas, where I am going to visit my dear friend Jen (frequent commenter on this blog). We have been friends since we were 7, and we make sure to see each other at least once a year. The time is now!

I am driving the kids on my own, but Jay will fly out to meet us at the end of the week to make the drive home with us. We will stop in Phoenix and Carlsbad, NM on the way. My uncle has a ranch near Carlsbad with a swimming hole, horses and pecan orchards, so I am going to let the kids exercise for a day in the middle of the drive. On the way home we hope to stop at the Grand Canyon, since we have never seen it.

I will post when I get to Texas to report on how the drive went. As before, I would gratefully accept any prayers for a safe and uneventful drive. Thank you and, for now, so long!

1 comment:

Amy Parris said...

Sounds like you've got a great trip planned. Can't wait to hear about it. The Grand Canyon is on the top of my list of places to see before I die.