Tuesday, March 17, 2015

My Favorite Thing

Tonight was one of the rare times our family was all together on an evening that is not a Sunday.  It seems like someone is always missing due to work travel, sports practice, drama or other social activities.  However, there we were, all of us sitting together watching American Restoration on a Tuesday evening!

I felt a deep contentment as I looked around at all the faces I love so much and wished for a moment to freeze time right where it is.

It is very much on my mind that we have only a little over a year before Joey graduates from high school.  The are only 14 precious months left to have us all living together under one roof.  Or maybe longer if Joey goes to AVC for his first two years, but even so it will be different because he will be officially an adult.  We are almost to the part where everything is going to start changing.

I am desperately trying to hold on to this unity as long as I can, but it is going quickly.  Tick tock...make it stop!

No comments: