Michelle, the author of one of my favorite Catholic mom blogs called Rosetta Stone, has "tagged" me to complete the following meme. So, here I go!
"If you could meet and have a deep conversation with any five people on earth, living or dead, from any time period, who would they be?" (Explaining why is optional.)
Name five people from each of the following categories: Saints, Those in the Process of Being Canonized, Heroes from your native country, Authors/Writers, celebrities.
1. Mary, Mother of God
2. St. Josemaria Escriva
3. St. Anthony of Padua
4. St. Joseph
5. St. Paul the Apostle
Those in the Process of Being Canonized:
1. Pope John Paul II
2. Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta
3. Blessed Junipero Serra
4. Blessed Kateri Tekakwitha
5. Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen
Five U.S. Heroes:
1. Abraham Lincoln
2. Anyone on Titanic who gave up their place on a lifeboat to save someone else
3. The firefighters and police officers who gave their lives saving others, especially on 9/11
4. Parents who adopt troubled or special needs children, like Barbara Curtis
5. Joe Montana
1. Kimberly Hahn
2. Michael Cumbie (granted, a speaker more than a writer)
3. Danielle Bean
4. James Stenson
5. Marla Cilley (Fly Lady)
1. Dr. Laura
2. Ronn Owens (KGO Radio, San Francisco)
3. Mel Gibson (even and especially now)
4. Bill Clinton (clearly not in the "American Heroes" section, but fascinating nonetheless!)
5. Simon Cowell (can he really be that grumpy and cynical all the time?)
There you are: my answers, for what they're worth. This was actually educational for me as I learned a lot about some of the "blesseds" that I did not know. I had to do some reasearch to answer that one!
This was a lot harder than it seemed, as many of the celebrities and authors I enjoy watching/reading I would not actually want to meet nor have a conversation with! Which should probably tell me something about how I spend my "entertainment" time...but I'll think about that later.
If anyone would like to fill this meme out for themselves, please do so either in the comments section here or on your own blog. I would love to see your answers too!