Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Just When You Thought You'd Heard it All

For your daily dose of "What is our World Coming To?!" just click here.

Do you think this human rights commission might consider how I feel discriminated against? That I just may consider it a violation of my right to be able to raise my children with the most basic of traditional values...that girls born girls are girls and that boys born boys are boys?

Yeah, probably not.

I find it impossible to believe that this commission is protecting the rights of children rather than pushing their own adult agenda. After all, when is the last time you heard of a consiously transgendered sixth grader? For goodness sakes.

Now, please know that I am not a hate-filled ranting psycho. I truly feel sorry for people who are not comfortable in their own skin. But don't make me put my girls in pants when I happen to love their little plaid jumpers! And don't plant the idea in their heads that wishing to change their gender is as acceptable as changing their hair color, because it's not, and I guarantee you that my first grader is not going to come up with this on her own.

I guess I'm glad I'm not living in England right now. (And, I'm guessing the English Human Rights Commision is equally glad about this!)

2 comments:

Jason Schalow said...

I'm apalled! What about all of the boys who want to wear skirts, but can't. Who will rally to their cause? I never really had the legs for it myself, but I'm just saying.

Insanity.

Or maybe I just hang around too many hate-filled ranting psychos to be objective...

Anonymous said...

**Sigh**
I guess I'm not really surprised that Britain is coming out with this one, but I can sure see the implications, not to mention the impending law suits. Glad to be living on this side of the Atlantic, where most of us aren't afraid of hurting our girls by putting them in skirts.
(BTW Jason- you can totally wear skirts... they're called kilts, lol!) -AO