Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Happy Birthday, Sam!

As usual, I am late posting birthday wishes...but the sentiments remain unchanged, even 5 days after the fact!

Sam, how can you be seven years old already? Your growing up is somehow sneaking up on me! Perhaps it is because you are such a content child. You go through your days happy, undemanding, independent, resourceful, and generally compliant. You are such a pleasure to parent, indeed, to simply be around!

My favorite thing about you is your stories. Your enthusiasm for whatever you are going to tell me simply bubbles out of you. I can never guess what the subject will be. An observation. A "remember when". Sometimes it's the plot line or a funny snippet from the program you just watched on TV. The little things you share about your life keep me uniquely connected to you. Don't ever stop talking to me about "whatever"!

You have an exceptionally clever mind, and the way you look at things often changes my perspective. I can't wait to see what you will become, all the ways in which you will undoubtedly succeed. I love you with all my heart and am truly honored to be your mother.

Happy, happy birthday!

No comments: