Saturday, May 05, 2007

Overheard at a Catholic School

A friend, whose children attend a Catholic school in Los Angeles county, shared this conversation that she overheard in the parking lot:

Child: Mom, will you be at my show today?

Mom: No, I'm sorry, sweetie, I have a hair appointment.

Child: Please?!

Mom: No, I'm sorry, I just can't.

Child: PLEASE?!

Mom (now frustrated): Sweetie, if Jesus himself came down from heaven to give me a blessing I could not be there. I HAVE A HAIR APPOINTMENT!

* * *

It's not like I've never missed an event or two for selfish reasons. But, I'm quite certain that I would be able to make it if Jesus was passing out blessings.

Did I mention my friend is changing to another Catholic school where the parents actually practice the faith? I don't blame her.

No comments: