Monday, April 23, 2007

Two Months Old Already

She smiles. She coos. She is a mellow, happy, beautiful baby. We are so lucky to have her!

I tried and tried to get Isabella to smile and show off her lovely personality for her two month "blog photo" but, unfortunately, this was the mood I had today:




This uncharacteristic (thank goodness) grumpiness was due to our celebration of her 2 month birthday with a series of vaccines that rendered her a bit moody for the rest of the day.


She has been busy gaining weight, although at 11 pounds she is actually not as chubby as she appears here:


You will notice that, in the past month, she has not abandoned her signature tongue-sticking-out look, although I am happy to report that the crossed eyes that often accompanied it have diminished substantially.

Like before, she grew tired of having her photo taken and simply fell over in protest, falling asleep moments after I took this picture:



She was very, very good on retreat with me (which was wonderful, by the way) and was only disruptive by way of repeated hiccups during the benedictions, along with some stuffy nose-related snorting during other quiet times in the chapel. Overall, she was wonderfully supportive of my much-needed grab for peace and for this I am truly grateful!

Happy two months, Izzie Bizzie Bella. We are so glad you are here!

No comments: