Saturday, January 06, 2007

On the Eleventh and Twelfth Days of Christmas...

...my true love gave to me, twelve bags of garbage, eleven loads of laundry,

ten rowdy kindergartners, nine years of dog care, eight weeks 'til baby, seven hours of slothdom, six pounds of onions, five charming kids, four needle sticks, three game controllers, two duelling dog lover, and my health and some sanity.

Happy Epiphany (technically tomorrow on this year's calendar, but usually it's today)!

Twelve Bags of Garbage and Eleven Loads of Laundry

Yipee, I finally have some energy back (and granted, this is relative energy, but I'll take what I can get)! Naturally, I've spent the last two days trying to reclaim my disastrous house and have made a small dent. I have solidly kicked the laundry pile and found bags and bags of things to throw away, especially from the garage and car. This is so satisfying. Nothing makes me feel better than getting the house under control, and this is a battle I had been losing for weeks. May my energy hold out so I can fiercely nest for the next several weeks!

I have a healthy new respect for iron, as replacing mine seems to have really made a difference in how I've been feeling. Water, too. It's a good thing.

We now officially end the 12 days of Christmas and will be getting back to regular, random postings. Hope you enjoyed the detour.

No comments: