Sunday, April 29, 2012
Note From A Child Growing Up With Six Siblings
I just discovered what remains of Lindsey's Easter basket hidden in the garage with the above note attached.
In case you can't read it, it says:
Lindsey warning: DO NOT TOUCH or become an Avox, get your limbs ripped off one by one. Have a nice day!
A few thoughts on this note, written by my nearly straight A, very bright 6th grade student...
1. So excited was she to get her message across that she misspelled her own name in her haste. I was both horrified and amused by this.
2. An Avox is a reference to the Hunger Games in case you are wondering. It is a person who has been physically punished by the government for rebelling against it. If you know Lindsey, you know she is obsessed with the Hunger Games, so this is not as awful as it sounds.
3. Do you think my kids are just slightly wary of their candy being consumed by their siblings if they don't take drastic measures? I had no idea things were THIS desperate...
4. My favorite part? Have a nice day! That is soooooo Lindsey.
5. Think I have some work to do as a mother as far as teaching my kids to respect each other's things and positive messaging in general? Perhaps.
I don't think I'll go back in the garage for awhile. I don't want to know what else is hidden in there!