Tuesday, January 25, 2011

A Sad Day Indeed

One of the things I have been enjoying about Natalie recently is how she looks at me, raises up her arms and says, "Hold you!" I have asked her so many times, "Can I hold you?" that she now has her pronouns for this sentence totally mixed up.

This morning she waited for me at the top of the stairs, raised her arms and said, "Hold me!" I did a double take and said, "Hold ME?!" She repeated clearly, "Hold me!"

Awww. I HATE when they grow out of my favorite mispronunciations.

At least Bella still says "besince" instead of "because". I'll enjoy it while it lasts.

1 comment:

Tina said...

I understand where you are coming from. At least I still have from my daughter "Theetyer" (guessing at how to spell a mispronunciation). I love that she still gets it incorrect. I suppose it will be gone soon, unless we keep it around just for the fun of it to keep it alive for family consumption only.