Friday, March 18, 2016

Happy National Slurpee Day!

You know, just in case you missed it this year.

Today is the day my kids look forward to for months.  7-11 celebrates this significant event by allowing you to bring your own "cup" and carry out as much slurpee as you can for the low, low price of $1.50.

You may be wondering, "What kind of parent would allow their child to load up greedily on a drink of pure sugar?  Especially during Lent!  Who would do that?"

Look no farther...it was Jay and me.  I know, I know, but just look at their faces:




These are happy kids.  No matter that it looks like canned dog food (or worse), their expressions say it all:  Mmmm Mmmm GOOD!

In our defense, we knew most would not finish their enormous portions (and they didn't, not even Sam).  Moreover, Sacred Heart School celebrated the Feast of St. Joseph today (even though it is really tomorrow) and we take our feast days seriously around here!

If you missed it today, check the sign behind Tony above.  It seems to be a two-day extravaganza, so there is still time!  Bring in your 5 gallon barrel, your horse trough, whatever you have.  Just remember where the blame really lies if you happen to make yourself sick... :)

2 comments:

Ryan said...

Hi Suzanne! I noticed your blog and greatly appreciate the stories you are willing to share with others. My name is Ryan, I'm currently a student at Calvin College in Grand Rapids, MI working on a project called CancerEd. My team and I are developing curriculum materials to teach children about cancer in an interactive but scientifically accurate way. We are looking to send out a survey to parents who have had cancer to better understand how they communicate with their children about cancer and we would love your help with this! If you could email me at rdt5@students.calvin.edu, I would love to give you more information about the survey and our project. Hope to hear from you soon! Thanks!

Maria Paula Riofrio said...

I love your blog! How you celebrate with hour kids the hoy feast days and are able to overlook things like "high dosis of sugar" for a much deeper goal, to make your family happy! You remind me of the way my parents raised the 5 of us!
Be sure that you are in prayers! With love, Maria Paula