Sunday, April 04, 2010

Easter Blessings

As I'm sure many of you are, I am feeling a great sense of release tonight. Lent is over, Easter is here!

The eggs were dyed, hidden and found. The baskets were filled and emptied. Dinner ingredients were purchased, prepared, consumed and cleaned up. It is done.

I have been at church more over the last four days, it seems, than I have been at home. I love the Holy Triduum liturgies and have enjoyed them more intensely this year, partly due to changes in me brought on by my illness, and partly due to my increased participation as a minister of music.

Singing the Psalm at this morning's Easter mass was one of the happiest moments I can ever recall. I was overwhelmed with joy, totally humbled that I could be there at the ambo, part of it all. I could not stop smiling all morning.

How can we despair when we have faith? For from true faith comes hope and, with it, lasting peace. May this peace be with you throughout this Easter season and far beyond.

No comments: