Thursday, October 30, 2008

Pregnancy Update

I've reached the point in this pregnancy where I'm sure many of you are wondering what's happening...a few days of silence on the blog could mean I'm at the hospital! So, I will try to keep you posted on what's happening as we enter "baby watch" weeks.

I am at 36.5 weeks and doing pretty well. I am measuring just slightly more rotund than average, my blood sugar levels have been great (no insulin, just diet controlled) and the baby is nice and active. I am tired, slow and feeling huge (this is not really news, now is it?) but other than that am doing just fine. This has been a blessedly uneventful pregnancy.

I have our school's annual fall luncheon on November 11th and, other than Halloween tomorrow, it is the next big thing on my calendar. I figure as soon as it is over this baby is more than welcome to arrive.

We still don't have a name for our little girl (or a seat for her in the car!). We are working on both. I have not yet packed my hospital bag nor have I retrieved the tiniest clothes from their box in the garage. Denial? Not really. Just haven't gotten to it yet. I'll do it this week. Really, I will. At least the crib is ready...probably because I won't use it until she is at least several months old! It's the stuff I will need on day one that I somehow haven't gotten to. Hmmm... Oh, but I HAVE scheduled her baptism, for December 22nd. See, I DO have my priorities straight after all.

I'll do my best to keep you posted on any developments. Thanks for checking in!

2 comments:

Jen said...

Since I know you won't name her Jennifer (worth a try) I personally like Abigail Luciana DiSilvestri......or Luciana Nicole.....I have no idea where these came from......also you didn't ask for suggestions...I just thought I would try!! :) Wish Jeffrey luck as we play in the final playoff round tomorrow to see who goes to the Super Bowl!!

Annie Bizzi said...

Glad to hear it and looking forward to more updates as we near the special day!!!!
You know me, I never tire of talking about mothering!