Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Happy Birthday, Joey!

10 years old. An entire decade. Double digits. It can't be!

Gone is my baby, my toddler, my little boy. Here instead is this fun, smart, amazing person, a person who I can hang out with and talk to about real things. Ten years ago, I couldn't have imagined the joy I would experience from watching my baby turn into a unique and fantastic individual.

Joey, although you already have a decade behind you, your whole life remains in front of you. You are poised to become anything you want. You have it all--intelligence, humor, good looks, but most important of all, a kindness, morality and conscience that can only come from knowing and loving God. Lucky you. Lucky US for having you in our lives.

1 comment:

Jen said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOEY!! Can we still call you Joey or is it Joe now that your so old?! We love you and miss you. We will see you in July and we will have a big cake to celebrate everyone's birthday this past year. Any excuse for cake right!!