Wednesday, August 21, 2013

The First Day of the Rest of My Life

It's official.  The preschool days are behind me.  Today is the first time in 15 years that I have not had a child at home during the day.  I never thought it would happen, but somehow it has.  I now have six hours, five days a week. All. By. Myself.

YAAAAAAHOOOOOOOOO!!!

Don't get me wrong, I really love my kids.  I look forward to spending time with them, especially with one or two of them at a time.  I rarely go anywhere without inviting a subset to come with me for one-on-one or two-on-one time.  I am a mother who prefers summer to the school year simply because we can hang out without the pressure of homework and packing lunches and getting seven children out of bed, dressed and organized properly before 7:15.  I'm exhausted just writing it!

Nevertheless.  I am looking at my desk piled high, baskets full of rarely-used toys and drawers full of clothes that no longer fit and I am SO EXCITED that I finally have time to devote to organizing my home!

Mostly.

If you know me, though, you can probably guess the very first thing I did when faced with this reality. That's right, I got fingerprinted, TB tested, and Virtus trained so I could volunteer at their schools for the first time ever.

And maybe I'll actually get organized too.


No comments: