Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Happy (Belated) Birthday Isabella

I don't know where the time goes. It seems like we were just celebrating Isabella's birthday in the snow and here I am two weeks late in posting the photo!

As you all know, I live by "better late than never", so here we go...

Happy 2nd birthday, Isabella. I can't believe it has only been two years since you were born, because it feels like you have been a part of our family forever--I can't remember what things were like without you!

This is because you add so much energy and love (and, of course, noise!) to our family. You are smart, confident and determined, yet so sweet, kind and loving. I like to joke that if you had been my first child you would have been my only child, because watching you takes a lot of commitment. But honestly, I wouldn't change a single thing about you. I love your sense of adventure, your vehemence, your absolute sense of self. You are a complete, unique, wonderful person in a tiny little package. I can't wait to see what you become. Watch out, world!

I love you intensely. Happy birthday!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Indeed, happy birthday to Isabella and thank you for sharing your family online. I first discovered your blog when I was pregnant for the first time in 14 years... I was trying to adjust to the whole idea having little ones again. I have used your blog and others as inspiration and have never been happier being a mom. (my little Joseph is now 19 months!) Thanks and God bless.

Anonymous said...

She is just darling!
Out of the seven-and this is based on the pictures of course-I am thinking that this one, looks the most like you!
Love and XOXO

Jen (Johnson)

Annie Bizzi said...

What a sweetie! I can't believe it's been 2 years since we've seen each other--Isabella was 8 weeks! She seems like such a joy--I have found the intense children have so much passion!

Jen said...

Happy Birthday big girl! We miss you and love you! Hopefully we will get to see you this Summer.

NinjaPrincess said...

I always know how long I've been reading your blog, because I started reading while you were in labor with Isabella. Happy Birthday, little one!

KatieGirl said...

It goes too fast. I'm sure it is much easier to chase after her now that Natalie is on the outside. Happy Birthday sweet girl.